- You have a team of users needing a solution, so FLT is the matching licensing scheme.
- You don't want to host yourself.
- You are okay with hosting your server with Amazon.
- You are okay with using data centers in US. Other data centers will come in next months.
- You are okay with using FileMaker Server 15 and clients in version 15.
We'll see how this works for people in US trying it. This is a 1.0 release, so there will be issues. Other data centers will be added according to FileMaker Inc. And once we have data centers within the same jurisdiction as our company, we can start using this for real testing. Currently I have myself a small test server in Ireland and it is pretty responsive.
MBS Plugin for Linux is available if you need. We will include it in 6.5 betas soon. Gladly I started building libraries for Linux at DevCon in July when we heard first time about FileMaker Cloud. Be sure to watch the Cloud Videos:
- Overview of the FileMaker Cloud
- FileMaker Cloud: Our Perspective
- Security And The Cloud
- Deploying FileMaker Server with Amazon Web Services EC2
- Boost Your Business with Your Own FileMaker Hosting Service
- Under the Hood - Maximizing FileMaker WebDirect Performance and Scalability