As you know we have a couple of Drag and Drop functions in our Filemaker plugin. Recently we added possibility to receive URL drops. That means you can drop an URL dragged from Safari or other application onto Filemaker. That is very useful if you want to make database with links.
Today I figured out that you can use a similar approach for receiving email drops from Apple Mail.
So with next Filemaker plugin you can accept emails for drag and drop. You can query details on the email like it's URL, the subject, ID, mailbox and account. This even works for multiple emails.
New in this prerelease of the 2.7 plugins:
- Added PDFKit.GetPDFPageFormattedText function.
- Changed Webview and Window functions on Mac so they better check if a handle is no longer valid. We now track which windows are closed and invalid window references so they can't be used.
- Changed plugin to use more Unicode APIs for better file name handling.
- Added functions Files.AppPath, Files.Launch, Files.LaunchFile and Files.RevealFile.
Nickenich, Germany - MonkeyBread Software today is pleased to announce MBS FileMaker Plugin 2.6 for Mac OS X or Windows, the latest update to their product that is easily the most powerful plugin currently available for FileMaker Pro. As the leading database management solution for Windows, Mac, and the web, the FileMaker Pro Integrated Development Environment supports a plugin architecture that can easily extend the feature set of the application. MBS FileMaker Plugin 2.6 now includes 880 different functions, and the versatile plugin has gained new features, including SQL Database access:
- SQL Connectivity (new in 2.6)
- Connect to multiple SQL databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, InterBase, SQLBase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and ODBC, SQLite.
- Read values, changes values, add new records, call stored procedures.
- Use prepared statements for increased security.
- Use bulk row fetching for maximum speed.
Mac OS X Application Dock Tile: (new in 2.6)
- Set Dock Tile badge text
FileDialogWatcher for Mac: (new in 2.6)
- use normal Filemaker dialogs for saving files or opening files.
- have the plugin give you last used path.
Notifications: (new in 2.6)
- Send and receive notifications from other applications or part of your solution.
Clipboard functions: (new in 2.6)
- Get/Set text on the clipboard. (new in 2.6)
Not sure if you read about the latest additions to our Filemaker plugins, but here some details:
We added functions to send notifications from one process to another. Well, this works fine within a application, but also between different applications. This could be anything like a Filemaker solution, a Real Studio application or even one written in Xcode or Visual Studio. For example one app can notify other app that some data is ready and can be processed. Think about a media database where the server exports a file into special location. It sends notification to some other app which processes file. Later it gets back either OK or Error notification and can react.
You can send notifications and receive them by registering a script which is called when a notification is received.
Filemaker can read/write text to/from clipboard. We now have clipboard functions to do this within a calculation. Quite nice for some special cases like querying text when a field is created automatically.
We got some requests for file open/save dialog. Asking why people need them normally gives answer that they need the path to do batch processing. To solve this on Mac, we now added FileDialog functions. With our new function FileDialogWatcher.GetLastPath you can query the last path of any Filemaker save or open dialog. For example if you have to export 50 files, you can use normal export script step for first item. Than ask plugin for the path and export other 49 files without dialog.
Dock Tile Badge
You know the dock icon from Apple mail? It shows how many unread emails you have. You can do the same with your filemaker solution by using our AppDockTile functions.
New in this prerelease of the 2.6 plugins:
- Added Notification.Listen and Notification.Send.
- Added FileDialogWatcher.GetLastPath and FileDialogWatcher.Install functions.
- Fixed CURL.SetOptionMailFrom function.
- Added Clipboard.GetText and Clipboard.SetText.
New in this prerelease of the 2.6 plugins:
- Added CURL.FormAddKeyContainer, CURL.FormAddKeyContainerContentType, CURL.FormAddKeyFile, CURL.FormAddKeyFileContentType, CURL.FormAddKeyText and CURL.FormAddKeyTextContentType.
- Added DragDrop.GetText and DragDrop.GetURL for URL and text dropping.
- Added AppDockTile.getBadgeLabel, AppDockTile.getHeight, AppDockTile.getWidth and AppDockTile.setBadgeLabel.
You see the filemaker icon here?
We added a badge on it using a new plugin function AppDockTile.setBadgeLabel. You can simply call this on your Mac Filemaker solutions to show some additional information to the user.
This function will be available in next 2.6 prerelease and work on Mac OS X 10.5 and newer.
You can do the same in Real Studio using our NSDockTileMBS class.
If you have licenses for several products from us and they all need updates on different dates of the year, you can get them synchronized. Simply contact us and ask us about this. We probably could make you a special update package to get all your licenses updated to 31st December 2012 for examples or some date in 2013.
Just yesterday we had again a case where ChartDirector, DynaPDF and Complete Real Studio plugins needed updates and we synchronized them to 1st May 2013. This way this client only have to order once a year and save some paper work.
Our order pages show only the most common cases, but anything special needs a special order.