For Malbun we brought our usual posters and decorated a table with papers:
Please come by to say hello, get a pen, some gummy bears and the cool MBS pocket knife (okay for air travel).
The coupon code for our web shop with 20% off from all licenses is FMK2018 this year and valid til end of October.
Watch our MBS Plugin presentation here from DevCon.
Diese Woche startet hier in Malbun, Liechtenstein die deutschsprachige FileMaker Konferenz mit Teilnehmern aus mindestens fünf Ländern. Ich hoffe ihr kommt nicht nur zur Konferenz, sondern nehmt euch auch einen extra Tag frei um die schöne Berglandschaft zu genießen.
Zu Fuß oder per Seilbahn kann man auf den Berg Sareis kommen und die Aussicht über das Tal genießen. Der Blick geht weit nach Österreich und die Schweiz rüber. Ab der Kapelle in Malbun kann man über den geschotterten Weg in ca. 4 km bis zum Café an der Bergspitze laufen mit moderater Steigung.
We are looking forward to two weeks with conferences. As you may know there are seven FileMaker conferences this year in Europe.
I visit the German conference in Malbun (Liechtenstein), the Scandinavian conference in Gothenburg (Sweden) and the English conference in London (United Kingdom) this year. And for the German conference, Stefanie will join me to help on the booth and with our training day on Wednesday.
See you there!
Greetings to the people in Gent, which start the FM Summit today.
With last plugin release we enabled the option for CURL to disallow you passing user name and password. As URLs are sent to proxy and may be logged at the web servers, we prefer to not include credentials in the URL. And if you use the email address for user name, the name in the URL never worked.
So for the future, please separate them and put the credentials in the relevant options:
Set Variable [ $curl ; Value: MBS("CURL.New") ]
Set Variable [ $r ; Value: MBS("CURL.SetOptionURL"; $curl; $URL) ]
Set Variable [ $r ; Value: MBS("CURL.SetOptionUsername"; $curl; "xxx") ]
Set Variable [ $r ; Value: MBS("CURL.SetOptionPassword"; $curl; "yyy") ]
dim curl as new CURLSMBS
curl.OptionURL = URL
curl.OptionUserName = "xxx"
curl.OptionPassword = "yyy"
If you still use URLs with username and password, please move to passing them with the username and password properties.
If you really can't change your solution, you can still use CURL.SetOptionDisallowUserNameInURL (FileMaker) and OptionDisallowUserNameInURL property in CURLSMBS/CURLNMBS and CURLMBS classes (Xojo) to enable username and password in URLs.
New in this prerelease of version 8.5 of the MBS FileMaker Plugin:
- Updated DynaPDF to version 184.108.40.206.
- Improved Text.RemoveAccents to include greece characters.
- Rewrote Files.CopyFile and Files.MoveFile for Mac/iOS to better overwrite files.
- Changed ProgressDialog functions on Mac to no longer keep progress dialog modal if app is in background.
- Updated to newer plugin SDK.
- Implemented WebView.Scrollbar.set, WebView.Scrollbar.getHorizontalPosition, WebView.Scrollbar.getVerticalPosition, WebView.Scrollbar.getHorizontalMaximum and WebView.Scrollbar.getVerticalMaximum for FileMaker 16+ on Mac and also for iOS.
- Added work around to better receive emails from Mail on Drag & Drop.
- Changed Folders.UserDocuments to return FileMaker documents folder.
- Added Window.SetFocus function.
- Fixed bug in SSL initialization introduced in pr1.
- Updated to zlib 1.2.11.
- Changed FM.UpdateRecords and related to better return error if parameter count is too small.
FileMaker currently runs a promotion till 20th December 2018 where you can buy a FileMaker license and receive a second one to give to a friend.
in German here at filemaker-magazin.de website.
In English here in the FileMaker Store: store.filemaker.com/product/PMO
Please check conditions for details.
The CURL conference for 2019 is announced:
curl up 2019 will take place in Prague, the Czech Republic the last weekend of March.
When: March 29-31, 2019
Where: Prague, Czech Republic
Venue: Charles University
For details, please check the website.
Maybe we can arrange some developer meeting with our Xojo and FileMaker clients, too?
Today a client sent me his email script using our plugin. It is based on one of our examples, but got quite a few enhancements.
First like with every professional developer, you see a few comments about what it does and where data is coming from. Also changes are logged at the end. Part of the standard setup of the methods is to disallow user abort and activate error capture to avoid error dialogs.
All the configuration details are not part of the script, but come from a configuration table. For tracing the soluton, a trace script is called to log what happens. Results from sending emails are stored in the table, so you can check for each email whether it worked and what the error message is. Please read the script below:(more)
One of our clients asked how to add a Drag & Drop area on the layout to receive file drops.
Well, the obvious answer is to copy everything from DragTest Windows.fmp12 to their solution and enjoy it for both Mac & Windows. But it's not that simple as you need to know where to look. So here a step by step solution.
Before you start, please make sure you have a recent plugin version. The Drag & Drop features for Windows were introduced in MBS FileMaker Plugin 8.1, but we got bug fixes later, so best is to use current 8.4 release.
Add placeholder rectangle
First in our DragTest Windows.fmp12 file is a picture used for the drop area. The picture is there twice. Once assigned to the rectangle in the layout and second in a global field. So add the DropLogo field to the layout and you can export the image named "Drop-Files-Here-extra.jpg".
In your solution, you may find a layout where you like people to drop stuff. This should be a layout where you would enable Drop in one trigger and than disable it when the user leaves the layout.
To the layout, we add a rectangle area in the header for the drop. Our image is 500 x 224, so our rectangle should be 250 x 112 points big to use 2x image for sharp picture on high resolution screens. In the inspector for fill option, please select picture and select the image file. For the aspect ratio, please choose "Scale to Fit" below. In the first inspector tab, please give the rectangle a name, e.g. "drop".
Please add a global container image named DropLogo. Put it on the layout and import the image here, too. After the import, you can remove the global field from the layout. We need this image later in the script. It's a good idea to actually have two images, one of drop off and one for drop on. This way you can see whether the plugin is working.
As you may have seen the videos from FileMaker DevCon 2018 in Grapevine, Texas are planned to arrive soon.
The DevCon 2018 sessions by track website shows 9th October 2018 as release dates for the videos.
New in this prerelease of version 8.5 of the MBS FileMaker Plugin:
- Fixed bug in SQL.GetFieldValueList with empty texts being ignored in first field.
- Updated Clipboard Helper to version 1.1 and 64-bit. Now on the website for download.
- Updated Form Utility to version 1.5 and 64-bit. Now on the website for download.
- Added separator parameter for QuickList.AddList and QuickList.AddMultiValue.
- Rebuild with Xcode 10. Minimum MacOS version is now 10.9.
- Updated SQLite to version 3.25.2.
- Added a workaround to avoid IsKeyWindow function to crash on MacOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Added CNContactStore.GroupHierarchy function.
- Disabled bitcode for MBSInit.framework.
- Added Encryption.CipherNames and Encryption.DigestNames functions.
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1 for all targets.
- Added SkipImage parameter for CNContact.JSON function.
- Added CNContactStore.Contacts, CNContact.UnifiedContacts and CNContact.IsUnifiedWithContact functions.