- Added SharingPanel functions for iOS.
- Fixed a crash in JSON.GetObjectItem with big JSON arrays.
- Fixed SendMail.Sign to work for attachments.
- Fixed problem on Windows with GraphicsMagick initialization.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 22.214.171.124.
- Fixed DynaPDF.AddFontSearchPath to return no error, but zero, when no fonts are found.
- Added thread pool for Windows for multithreaded functions like CURL.PerformInBackground.
- Fixed problem in Twain.Acquire to fail better if we can't open the data source.
- Added PList functions for macOS and iOS.
But we like to let you know that we work on a fix with Claris. With a little help from them, the plugin can actually get the reference to the WebViewer. For a future plugin version we can get our WebView functions to work with WebView2. But this change on Claris' side requires an update to FileMaker Pro, so this won't work for FileMaker 19.3, but for the next version after this, let's name it 19.4.
We look forward to the fall with a new FileMaker Pro release for Windows to have you all try the new functions.
Be aware that the Chromium/Edge as engine may behave a little bit different, so you need to test all scripts. And we may have a few new functions for WebView2 specific. Since WebView2 component gets regularly updated, you may need to have a recent version installed to use all plugin functions as some require a recent version, e.g. one from 2021 instead of the one from 2020.
If you like to try it soon, you may want to join Claris ETS (external testing service) and get early access to future FileMaker versions. Otherwise wait for the release, probably in fall 2021.
- Added SendMail.Sign function to send S/MIME signed emails.
- Added PKey.Read, PKey.ReadFromContainer and PKey.ReadFromFile functions.
- Changed SendMail functions to cache email source and not render it again each time you query it. And clear it when you change a property of the email.
- Fixed problem with menu functions on Windows not drawing disabled menu entries in gray when using font styles.
- Fixed problem in PDFKit.GetPDFAttribute returning an error when no keywords are available.
- Fixed a problem with menu functions on Windows to better measure space needed.
- Fixed a problem with menu functions on macOS not showing diamond or bullet checkmarks.
- Added error message when tracing script calls and logging errors.
- Added password parameter for PKey.Read function to read encrypted private keys.
In the past we paid bug bounties for valuable information about vulnerabilities on our products or website.
We haven't put up a website like CURL project here, but we may formalize it more in the future.
To give a few examples for the websites:
- You can read a file you shouldn't see.
- You circumvented the CMS login. Create a new article with your name as proof and contact us.
- You can write a file to our web server, e.g. write a text file with your name and contact us.
- You can execute code own our web server, e.g. run ls -al and show us the output.
- You can run SQL on our database servers.
- Have you be able to crash an app with bad input data? Especially if that could lead to stack corruption and thus execute input data as code.
- Have you found a way, where you can do a SQL injection?
- Have you found a way to circumvent a login or security privilege checking?
- Have you found a way to circumvent our license checks?
Please note that not all crashes are a vulnerabilities, some things got reported before, may be caused by code not from us (open source libraries) and not all vulnerabilities can be exploited.
If you have something, please contact us.
Let's talk about FileMaker, conferences, plugins and other programming topics.
As we have FileMaker users in both cities and around them, we may do both events. Please mark your availability in the surveys above. If you could drive to both cities for a meeting, you can put yourself into both surveys. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
We can reserve a table in a nice restaurant in Calgary and Edmonton and talk an evening about FileMaker. Time probably around 18 to 22 o'clock, so you can come later or leave early.
Once I set a date and pick a place, we'll contact everyone own the list with the details. I hope to see you all there!
Update: The date is Tuesday, 14th September 2021 for Calgary.
If you like to join, please contact us to get on the guest list.
Watch it on YouTube.
I was very happy to have them schedule their meeting for lunch time, so I could join live at evening time in Austria, right from our little hiking vacation. Enjoy the video and let us know if you have ideas or questions about our plugin.
If you turn on Trace logging, you may see for example:
So when you see error 825, then this is a permission issue. With FileMaker version 19.2 Claris introduced the fmplugin extended privilege. Old files don't have this, so script triggering is allowed for the plugin. But if the file is new, it gets a fmplugin extended privilege. And if that one is not checked, the script trigger is forbidden. But you can mark the checkbox to allow all plugins.
Start Script "DragAction" in file "DragTest" with control Pause
Current file: "DragTest". User "Christian" on host "DESKTOP-CK2F9O6"
Result: 825 (File is not authorized to reference the protected file)
Or you add a specific fmpluginMBSP to only allow MBS Plugin. And you may define this for all or some privileges, so some user may use plugin and some not.
If you are interested in limiting functionality of MBS Plugin for users, feel free to limit functions with Plugin.SetFunctions call. Or limit functions to certain scripts/file/privileges, check the Plugin.LimitFunction function. If you like to know what functions you use, check the Plugin.UsedFunctions function and run it after the solution has been used for a day or so.
See also Tracing MBS Filemaker Plugin, DbgView for watching trace messages live on FileMaker Server, Watching for Errors with MBS Plugin and About controlling plug-in access between files.
Claris FileMaker is a very versatile tool, but we are curious to learn what direction Claris wants to go with it in the next year. We look forward to an update of the roadmap, maybe some previews of what's coming and in which areas Claris will invest in the products.
Learn, share, and connect online with Claris Engage Beyond 2021, beginning on August 25.
Stay ahead of the curve with Claris Engage Beyond! Get ready for Claris insights, new learning opportunities, and other virtual sessions, brought to you live and on-demand. Whether you’re new to Claris or a long-time community member, Claris Engage Beyond offers the opportunity to choose the sessions you find most valuable.
Please register for the Claris Engage Beyond LIVE kickoff event, featuring Claris CEO, Brad Freitag and VP of Engineering, Peter Nelson, on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. You can also explore and register for other sessions happening after the kickoff.
View the schedule and sign up today!
All sessions are virtual and free of charge.
Hope to see you there!
We like to hear more about improvements to the admin console for server, additional data centers for the Cloud offering, Android support, the web authoring engine in the browser and maybe some simplified licensing. For Android, I'd still wish Claris would hire a few developers to port over FileMaker Go.
Later on the 25th August, please join Richard Carlton and his team in the FMTraining Live Broadcast session "Claris CEO Kickoff - Post Event Review" to recap the high lights and add a bit of context and background information.
See you there!
- Added WordFile.Contains and WordFile.Substitute functions.
- Changed XML.SetVariables to assign XML block if item is a xml tree and not recursive.
- Fixed XML.SetPathValue to properly encode entities as needed.
- Added HEAD as verb for CURL.SetupAWS and CURL.SetupOAuth functions.
- Improved threading for DynaPDF.Print functions to store settings per thread to avoid potential threading issues.
- Added DynaPDF.Print.GetSetting and DynaPDF.Print.SetSetting functions.
- Updated to DynaPDF version 126.96.36.199.
- Added Container.Screenshot function, which may replace WebView.Screenshot for some users.
- Added Dictionary.KeysWithPostfix and Dictionary.KeysWithPrefix functions.
- Added DynaPDF.GetInIsTaggedPDF function.
- Added FM.CF.Parameter function.
- Added question mark for valid variable name characters for our variable name check in script workspace.
- Added SyntaxColoring.DontOpenManageDatabaseDialogWithRelations.SetEnabled and SyntaxColoring.DontOpenManageDatabaseDialogWithRelations.GetEnabled functions.
- Added WordFile.WriteContainer function.
- Changed text position display for variable dialog to not show text position if window is too small.
- Deprecated DynaPDF.ExtractImages and DynaPDF.ListImages in favor of DynaPDF.GetImage function.
- Fixed a case where removing a table row with WordFile.RemoveTableRow function would not be saved.
- Fixed an issue with CURL.SetupAWS doing an unneeded lower case for the query parameter name.
- Implemented Screen.Count for iOS.
- Improved Dictionary.SetVariables to not allow invalid variable names.
- Updated CURL library to version 7.78.0.
- Updated to DynaPDF version 188.8.131.52.