FileMaker Inc. announced their new FileMaker Cloud version 126.96.36.199. One of the enhancements are new amazon regions including Frankfurt and Ireland for us in Europe. If you need a FileMaker Server in Europe, you can now use the Cloud, too.
In your amazon account add can add an EC2 instance for a virtual private server. There are ready made packages to install FileMaker. Technically this installs CentOS 7 64-bit with FileMaker Server for Linux. This gives you a server in the cloud which you don't need to maintain yourself. Amazon and FileMaker will keep it updated and running. You can upload your database on the admin panel and use your solution. The use case for this could be:
- You have a team of users needing a solution, so FLT is the matching licensing scheme.
- You don't want to host yourself.
- You are okay with hosting your server with Amazon.
- You are okay with using data centers in USA (Oregon or N. Virginia), Germany and Ireland.
- You are okay with using FileMaker Server 15 and clients in version 15.
MBS Plugin for FileMaker cloud is available. We include it in 7.0 release already.