FileMaker Stammtisch Köln
6. November, 19:00 Uhr in the Pohlhof restaurant.
Pohlhofstr. 3, 50765 Köln, www.pohlhof.de
Let's talk about the FileMaker Conference and what's new in FileMaker.
Please try our DynaPDF plugin functions for Xojo and FileMaker. Test them, add them to your app and if you need a license, please check again with us in two weeks.
Before you download new versions of Keynote, Numbers or Pages, please make copies of the old versions.
Some features are missing in newer apps. And please if you miss something, write a bugreport to Apple to tell them that this is not okay.
I don't really want to use a Mac version of those apps reduced to the limited iOS feature set.
This tip works fine for FileMaker and Xojo. Even in FileMaker runtimes or Mac applications made with Xojo.
In the Terminal, you set the WebKitDeveloperExtras setting to true.
You can do this in Terminal like this:
for FileMaker 11:
defaults write com.filemaker.client.advanced WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true
for FileMaker 12:
defaults write com.filemaker.client.advanced12 WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true
for Xojo IDE:
defaults write com.xojo.xojo WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true
or for other apps, simply use the their bundle identifier.
You may need to also enable debugging in Safari in the preferences.
And you can move the inspector to its own window to inspect the html structure even more easily as you see on the screenshot on the right side.
New in this prerelease of the 3.5 plugins:
- First plugin version with over 2000 functions!
- Added Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks functions:
- Added MediaLibraryBrowser functions.
- Added UserNotification functions.
- Added Files.GetTagNames and Files.SetTagNames.
- Disabled line numbers for data viewer.
- Changed line numbers so they work if syntax coloring is disabled.
Actually we expected Mac OS X 10.9 to be released in the next days and not today.
But well, as Apple releases it soon, we will provide new plugins with new features later tonight.
New in this prerelease of the 3.5 plugins:
- Fixed CURL on Windows to once again include SSL. (broken in 3.4)
- Added all the missing libXL functions and renamed existing ones (old names still valid).
- Added String.SoundExGerman.
- Added Addressbook.personFromVCardTextRepresentation.
- Fixed crash with geometry functions in GraphicsMagick.
- Restored compatibility to FileMaker 10 on Windows. This was broken due to using FileMaker 12 only functions which are now loaded on demand.
- Added SystemInfo.isMavericks function.
- Fixed bug in CURL.SSLVersion on Windows.
- Added GMImage.Strip.
- Added CURL.SetOptionTLSAuthPassword, CURL.SetOptionTLSAuthType and CURL.SetOptionTLSAuthUsername.
- Added SyntaxColoring.LineNumbers.Disable, SyntaxColoring.LineNumbers.Enable and SyntaxColoring.LineNumbers.Enabled.
- Prepared plugins for Mac OS X 10.9.
- Added FileMaker Clipboard Helper application.
- Added line numbers for Scripteditor and Debugger.
- Updated Syntax Highlighting to show also colors in FileMaker 12 on the script step list in script editor.
- Added FM.ExecuteFileSQL function.
- Added functions to get notifications from Calendar about inserted, updated or deleted events/tasks/calendars.
- Added functions to get notifications from Addressbook about inserted, updated or deleted persons/groups.
- Added Addressbook.searchPeopleWithModificationDate and Addressbook.searchPeopleWithCreationDate to find recent changes.
Take a close look on this picture:
Do you see the difference to current plugin?
Soon we provide first 3.5 beta for you to checkout this new feature.
We just arrived in the Crown Plaza Hotel in Salzburg.
See you tomorrow night at the welcome party or at the bar later.
I got a few surprises for our FileMaker developers with the latest plugin version!
PS: 3.5pr1 will probably come later on the weekend, when I have time to build and upload.
The new Mac OS X version is coming soon. You probably read about all the features it has.
For our plugins, we are already looking into the developers tools for 10.9 and adding new features.
From the new features, we already prepared a few like file tags for both our Xojo and the FileMaker plugin.
If you have some wishes, please do not hesitate to ask us by email.
We'll post plugins with Mavericks features as soon as 10.9 is released.
Orderd 7th October, predicted with 4 to 5 weeks to delivery.
But I had a premier ticket so I got it today after just three days.
Thanks Deutsche Telekom and Apple
Tomorrow (9th October 2013) is once again the meeting of Filemaker developers from Rhein-Main area in Lorsbach (between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden) organized by denkform.
If you like to chat with other developers or you'd like to ask me questions about our plugins, please join the meeting.
Location: Restaurant Linde von Lorsbach, Alt Lorsbach 21, 65719 Hofheim.
Date: 6th December
Time: 19:00 o'clock
Cost: You pay for your own drinks and dinner.
The last FileMaker Developer Conference in San Diego was great. With over 1200 attendees the biggest event I have been to so far. (beside an exposition)
We had a booth and a lot of people came along to say hello and ask about our plugins. From all the questions, we collected a list of requested features people like to see in the future. The two most requested features have been reading and writing to Zip archives and access to the iCal database.
So in September we used the time to create those features and added them to the plugin for the 3.4 release. We hope you enjoy the new features and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
See you in Salzburg next week!
Nickenich, Germany - MonkeyBread Software today is pleased to announce MBS FileMaker Plugin 3.4 for Mac OS X or Windows, the latest update to their product that is easily the most powerful plugin currently available for FileMaker Pro. As the leading database management solution for Windows, Mac, and the web, the FileMaker Pro Integrated Development Environment supports a plugin architecture that can easily extend the feature set of the application. MBS FileMaker Plugin 3.4 has been updated and now includes over 1800 different functions, and the versatile plugin has gained more new functions:
Added Zip and Unzip functions to create and read zip archives. You can add container field content, files on disk or text to archives. For existing archives you can read them from disk or container file, query information, list files and uncompress them.
On Mac OS X we can now edit the calendar database. You can list or edit existing events and reminders. Also you can create new events or reminders from FileMaker using the plugin. This way your solution can populate the calendars on the system with your own events.
For image metadata we can now use the CoreGraphics image source functions. This way we can read EXIF and IPTC data from images and also metadata in JPEG, TIFF or PNG images.
For DynaPDF we have new functions to encrypt PDFs and restrict usage. From existing PDFs you can extract all the embedded images and for easy use of template PDFs, we now have functions to replace text.
Our SQL functions have been updated for FileMaker 12 and future versions. As 64bit is required now for WebPublishing, we ship a 64 bit version of the plugin for the first time. If you like, take a look and try it.
The popular syntax highlighting feature has been improved with a better default rule set. When typing in MBS function calls in calculations we now highlight the function name in red if you have a typing mismatch.
Finally we updated SerialPort and ServerSocket functions with more options.
For more details, please check the release notes. Take the time to check out the plugin and try the more than 200 example databases. Maybe you get some ideas on how to use the plugin in your solutions.
Just updated the archives for the Dash application. Does the auto update work for you?
So here you can click to launch Dash and install our plugin help:
MBS Xojo Plugin and MBS FileMaker Plugin
Feedback is welcome.
New in this prerelease of the 3.4 plugins:
- Added Math.InchToPixel, Math.MillimeterToPixel, Math.PixelToInch and Math.PixelToMillimeter.
- Added DynaPDF.ExtractImages function.
With latest plugin, it will highlight if you have a typo in a MBS function call right in the calculation editor.
The name turns red (or whatever color you defined for wrong brackets) and turns back to the default text color if you type the name right.
We think this is a good addition. The plugin has the list of functions anyway and we know you just typed the MBS with a string following it. So we just put the pieces together.
Have fun and see you at the next conference in Salzburg or San Antonio.
New in this prerelease of the 3.4 plugins:
- Streamlined error handling. You can now call IsError function to know if last function returned an error.
- Improved Syntax Highlighting. Invalid MBS Function names are now highlighted with red color like wrong brakets.
- Added new UnZipFile functions to read zip file.
- Added new ZipFile functions to write zip file.
- Added more Calendar functions.